Roast Pepper & Turkey Stroganoff
Who knew you could have comfort food without the guilt? This home cooked meal features a creamy garlic and wine sauce over lean turkey tenderloins and thick egg noodles—all for under 300 calories per serving!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (24-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Savory Roast Turkey Breast Tenderloin, cut into strips
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 roasted red peppers, cut into strips
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 16 ounces thick egg noodles, cooked
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook tenderloins as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add wine; simmer until reduced by half. Stir in broth, tomato paste and roasted peppers. Return all turkey to pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened.
- Stir in parsley. Serve over hot cooked noodles.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION
Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.Learn how to safely handle turkey